ICTCore core is open source unified communications framework for developers and integrators to rapidly develop ICT based applications using their existing development skills. By using ICTCore, developer can create communication based applications such as Auto attendant, Fax to Email, Click to Call etc.. they can program custom business logic that can control incoming and outgoing communication instances.
ICTCore having primary focus on integrated and automated communications. ICTCore goal is to be a common server-side software / back-end for CTI (computer telephony integration) related projects. Further as a framework it can be extended to develop new communication solution and services using user’s existing development skills and infrastructure.
ICTCore is a PHP and Linux based service application which support multiple gateway interfaces like Freeswitch, Kannel and Sendmail further it offers inbound and outbound transmissions for voice, fax, sms and email. However main feature of ICTCore is its unified way of integration which allow different kind of services to interact with each other, for example a message can trigger a call or an inbound fax can be forwarded over email.
Truly unified communications framework
ICTCore allow developers to use multiple communication methods / services like Call, FAX, Messaging or Email, plus it also allow them to integrate these services with each other, like SMS notification after each call or email to fax.
- ICTCore cover all major communication methods
- Allow integration between different kind of communication methods
- Uses unified terminology and share-able resources for all its services
Scenario based automation
ICTCore have builtin support for few most commonly used scenarios, However ICTCore architecture allow developers to easily implement their own custom scenarios and requirements.
- Flexible programs and logic to allow custom scenario
- Uses one program per scenario approach
- Various builtin programs for common scenarios
- Complete activity and result log for reporting purpose
- APIs and developer guide to build new program for custom scenarios
Easy to extend
ICTCore is build for developers, ICTCore allows developers to
- Introduce new program and scenarios or modify the existing one
- Add support for new software switch, pbx and gateways
- Develop completely new communication methods
Ready to use
- REST APIs
- Third party termination / origination support
- RPM based installation
Currently ICTCore binaries are available for CentOs 6 and 7, To install ICTCore you need a freshly installed server and then you can instruction mentioned in following. If you are looking for source code you can find it at github ICTCore: Open Source Unified Communications Framework
First of all we need to install ict and epel repositories
for centos 7
rpm -Uvh 'https://service.ictinnovations.com/repo/7/ict-release-7-4.el7.centos.noarch.rpm' yum install epel-release
for CentOs 6 also install Freeswitch repository
rpm -Uvh 'http://service.ictinnovations.com/repo/6/ict-release-6-2.noarch.rpm' rpm -Uvh 'http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm' rpm -Uvh 'http://files.freeswitch.org/freeswitch-release-1-0.noarch.rpm'
- Install ICTCore
yum install ictcore ictcore-voice ictcore-fax ictcore-email
- Create a new database and database user for ictcore
- Initiate / populate newly created database using scripts from /usr/ictcore/db/*
- Update /etc/ictcore.conf and /etc/odbc.ini for database access
- Restart HTTP / Apache server
Following is an example about sending fax by using ICTCore
// prepare a program with fax document $programData = array('file_name' => '/some/pdf/file.pdf'); $faxProgram = new Sendfax(null, array('data' => $programData)); // create a transmission $contact_id = 12; $account_id = 1; $faxTransmission = faxProgram->transmission_create($contact_id, $account_id); // schedule transmission $faxTransmission->schedule(array('delay' => 3600)); // in seconds // or dispatch immediately $faxTransmission->send();
We believe in leveraging open source in telecommunications, providing a free platform for simple and advanced CTI applications. ICTCore was built by people like you, and we need your help to make ICTCore better! Why not participate in a useful project today? Please check docs folder to learn how to begin.
The ICTCore is open-sourced software licensed under the MPLv2 license.